What’s Crackin’: Hot Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza
This Week In Stuff
1. Axl Rose Refuses Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction – in turn makes headlines for the first time in years.
2. George Zimmerman Charged With Murder of Trayvon Martin – Not surprising, what was surprising was that this guy almost got away with it. This and the 2000 Election is only a couple of the reasons why Florida should be kicked off of the planet.
3. A Beat To Death Over Chips – a man who beat a fellow inmate to death over a bag of potato chips at Toronto’s Don Jail, has been sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for twelve years, proving once again that, “Once you pop, the fun don’t stop.”
4. An iPhone App For Dreams – it was announced that there will soon be an app that can program your dreams, unfortunately, there is no porno option yet.
5. Pizza Hut Unveils New Hot Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza – Who is going to eat this? Everyone!
This Week In Camobear
Eliza – Born Knowing Releases 4/14
Newest Camobear artist Eliza is dropping her debut EP on Saturday April 14th. The lead single Right Now feat. Snak The Ripper is #1 on the AMA music charts.
Moka Only & Ayatollah
Two underground hip-hop heroes unite on Come Along, the first music video from Moka Only and Ayatollah‘s new album Bridges, now in stores everywhere.
This Week In History
International Day of Human Space Flight
In 1961, Russia beat the U.S.A. in the race to get the first man into space, winning the so-called “space race”. The spacecraft Vostok (East) was launched on April 12th from the Baikonur launch pad in Kazakhstan in what was then part of Soviet central Asia. Major Gagarin orbited the Earth for one hundred and eight minutes travelling at more than seventeen thousand miles per hour (twenty seven thousand km per hour) before returning safely to Earth. The US then got pissed and challenged the Soviets to a Moon Race because America is a bunch of whiny sore-losers.
The Unsinkable Titanic
On April 15, 1912, the RMS Titanic sank on her maiden voyage after colliding with an iceberg in the North Atlantic Ocean. The massive ocean liner, which was the largest ship afloat when it sank, was traveling from Southampton, Great Britain to New York, and had already stopped at Cherbourg in France and Queenstown in Ireland. Of the two thousand, two hundred and twenty four people on the ship, including the crew, one thousand five hundred and fourteen died. Even Leonardo DiCaprio couldn’t stop that historic disaster, although he tried.
This Week In Cariboo : Upcoming Events
Baby Boo’s Corner: Top 5 Spots To Watch The Playoffs
With the playoffs kicking off Wednesday, April.11, it’s time to crack some Boo’s and get our game faces on! Here are my tops picks to watch the Canucks kick ass during the play-offs:
1. Live @ Roger’s Arena – If you got the cash flow, nothing beats watching the game live! Be prepared to pay a minimum of $200 to see a play-off game. When the Canucks are out of town, games will be broadcasted in the arena and you can get a seat for $10.
2. Outdoor Big Screen – On a nice clear night, head down to the 700 block of Granville or Hamilton to watch the game on a massive LED screen. Thousands of fans and delicious food vendors, but ya might wanna bring a camping chair and some road pops.
3. Lions Pub – In the heart of downtown, just a few blocks from the live action in Rogers Arena, bars are guaranteed to be packed with drunken fans. There are so many bars to choose from but the Lions is the shit. Plan on heading down early so you can get a table. I’ll be reviewing key other bars throughout the playoffs.
4. Commodore Ballroom – The 990-person-capacity concert venue gets converted into largest living room for the playoffs. It’s free to get in, but advanced registration is highly recommended as tickets seem to sell out fast.
5. The Couch - For weekday games that aren’t deal breakers, I quite enjoy calling up some buddies, grabbing a couple 6 packs of honey boo’s, and BBQing up some eats to watch the game.